recipe after pictures
6Tao te Ching — Lao Tzu — Translated by Stephen Mitchell
The Tao is called the Great Mother:
empty yet inexhaustible,
it gives birth to infinite worlds. It is always present within you.
You can use it any way you want.
6 This Cheese is called the Great Melter: firm until you warm it, it gives joy to infinite meals. It is always present within your fridge. You can eat it any way you want.
Mozzarella Fior di Latte (Plant-based)
- 250 ml Coconut oil, neutral taste, melted
- 600 ml Almond milk or Cashew milk, homemade
- 125 ml Tapioca flour
- 8 t Kappa Carrageenan
- 1 T Sea Salt, flakes
- 2 t lactic acid powder (vegan) or 1 T fresh lemon juice
- In a blender (maybe the same one you just made your milk in to lessen the cleaning load) Add the Plant Milk, Tapioca, Carrageenan and salt. NOT the Acid…
- Warm a pan you can whisk in (not non-stick maybe) on medium low
- Add the Mixer ingredients.
- Heat while whisking
…. don’t go anywhere
- When the mixture begins to thicken
- Turn down the heat to the lowest of the low
- Continue whisking
- When it looks like melted cheese and begins to brown or stick and bubble on the sides and bottom of the pan…
- Remove from heat and immediately add the Lactic Acid Powder or Lemon juice.
- Whisk it in completely
- Pour immediately over into a glass form or food safe BPA-free plastic form
- Let cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, covered in plastic wrap
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours
- Remove from the form, possibly using a small flexible sharp knife around the edges to loosen
- Wrap in food paper or thick paper towel
- Refrigerate and enjoy
It’s all good
Contribute to the Peaceful Warrior
Please help me spread the Plant-based message to the this far corner of the world. We hope to be crowd-funded in our naissance-- a plant-based restaurant and bakery