Gluten-free Overnight Bread with Cashew Cream Cheese, Plant-based Pesto and Plant-based Kalamata Tapenade
Plant-Based Kalamata Tapenade (recipe follows the bread)
Gluten-Free Overnight Soak Bread
ADAPTED from @JoseyBaker ‘Adventure Bread’
with minor variations
- Rolled Oats 240 g
- Sunflower seeds 150 g
- Pumpkin seeds 60 g
- Almonds, slivered 40 g
- Waltnuts, crushed 40 g
- Flax seeds 120 g
- Psyllium seed husk powder 25 g
- Chia seeds 25 g
- Sea salt, fine 10 g
- Maple syrup 40 g OR Erythritol (lower GI)
- Olive oil 55 g (¼ C)
- Water 600 g (2 ½ C)
1 loaf pan, oiled
- Toast the seeds.
- Preheat your oven to 150 C with the fan on, FOR TOASTING
- Spread the sunflower and pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet.
- Toast until just golden brown, 10-12 minutes
- Mix the Dry.
- Add the Wet.
- Oil your loaf pan
- Hand mix the ‘batter’ with a large ‘American’ spoon and then eventually your hands.
- Tip it over into your oiled loaf pan — smooth out the top if you want.
- Refrigerate and leave it to rest for at least 2-3 to a maximum of 12-24 hours.
- 200 C for 60 minutes or 70 minutes, if the bread still looks ‘jiggly’
- Take it out and let it cool a bit, then remove from the pan.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack for at least 24 hours
- THEN slice and toast or eat.
- IF YOU ARE IMPATIENT, THE BREAD WILL BE STICKY AND GUMMY AND NOT NICE !! Wait…..
#glutenfree #cashewcreamcheese #plantbased #pesto #tapenade
Dairy-Free Cashew Cream Cheese Spread
150 g Cashews, raw, soaked
60 ml water, cold
4 t Apple Cider Vinegar, with Mother
1 t Lactic acid powder (vegan kind)
Dash. Sea salt to taste
- Soak the cashew nuts overnight or for 4 hours or boil some water and soak for 30-60 minutes
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender
- Blend on low for up to 3 minutes
- Increase to high for 1
- Scrape down
- Repeat on low 30 seconds
Plant-Based Kalamata Tapenade
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 C Kalamata olives, with pits is ok, just remember to de-pit them!
- 2 T Capers, drained but a bit of the brine is ok
- 3 T Parsley. loosely chopped, fresh
- 2 T Lemon juice, and Zest optionally
- Tast for Salt and pepper
- 2-4 T Olive oil
- Blend in a Ninja or High Speed Blender or Food Processor
This is the ‘Bullit’ style blender i often use to make small batches of Plantbased Pesto or Kalamata Tapenade.